Here’s the Best Way to Keep Up with MIGS Technology
With the proliferation of MIGS technology over the past 10 years, it can be hard to keep up with what’s what. Constance Okeke, MD, of Virginia Eye Consultants in Norfolk suggests segmenting the devices by their mechanism of action. She did just that in a recent article, evaluating MIGS devices based on:
- Removal of trabecular meshwork
- Bypass of the trabecular meshwork
- Dilation of Schlemm’s canal
- Shunting to the suprachoroidal space
- Shunting to the subconjunctival space
Dr. O’Keefe also offered advice on selecting candidates for MIGS procedures.
You can read more here.
Stephenson M. MIGS for cataract surgeons. EyeWorld July 2018. https://www.eyeworld.org/migs-cataract-surgeons.
Grandin Library Building
Six Leigh Street
Clinton, New Jersey 08809