Do You Have a Medicare Reimbursement and Coding Compliance Program?
There are 7 key steps that form a solid basis for a practice’s Medicare reimbursement and coding compliance program, said Ann Rose, principal and senior consultant at BGM consulting in in Incline Village, NV during the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery’s 2018 annual meeting in Washington, DC.
- Conduct internal monitoring and auditing.
- Implement compliance and practice standards.
- Designate a compliance officer or contact.
- Conduct appropriate training and education.
- Respond appropriately to detected offenses and develop corrective action.
- Develop open lines of communication with employees.
- Enforce disciplinary standards through well-publicized guidelines.
Be sure to conduct internal audits on a regular basis, and have an external audit completed annually.
Rose A. Medicare reimbursement and coding quandaries. Talk presented at: 2018 ASCRS-ASOA Annual Meeting; April 13-17, 2018; Washington, DC.
Grandin Library Building
Six Leigh Street
Clinton, New Jersey 08809