Top 5 Retina Articles of 2022
1. Which syringe type is better for intravitreal aflibercept injections?
A recent study aimed to evaluate the incidence of sterile endophthalmitis after intravitreal aflibercept (Eylea; Regeneron) injection with 2 different types of syringes.
2. Blurred vision most common cause of unscheduled follow-up after intravitreal injections
Blurry vision was the most common reason patients had unscheduled follow-up visits within 7 days of receiving an intravitreal injection, according to a study.
3. Treat-and-extend intravitreal aflibercept regimen leads to good outcomes in DME
Favorable clinical outcomes were seen in patients with center-involved diabetic macular edema (DME) receiving a treat-and-extend (TAE) approach using intravitreal aflibercept, according to a study.
4. Wet AMD and The New Susvimo Implant
In this video, Dr. Robert Wang, discusses what makes the newly approved Susvimo implant different than standard-of-care injections.
5. The Retina Project Episode 4: Top 3 Things to Tell RVO Patients
In this episode of the Retina Project, Dr. Joshua Mali discusses how to talk to patients about retinal vein occlusion, disease management and education, as well as treatments and other systemic workups.
Grandin Library Building
Six Leigh Street
Clinton, New Jersey 08809