Avoid Deactivation of Medicare Billing Privileges
Be sure to employ these best practices to avoid deactivation of your Medicare billing privileges, noted Linda R. Georgian, COE, a consultant with the Corcoran Consulting Group, during the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery’s 2018 annual meeting in Washington, DC.
- Check the revalidation website or Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) record quarterly.
- Get access to your group via Individuals Authorized Access to the CMS Computer Services (IACS) before you get a notice.
- Make sure you sign all documents and within 15 days; sign electronically if possible.
- Make sure you know who your authorized or delegated official is if filing paper.
- Respond to development letters within 30 days.
Georgian L. Medicare deactivation: You could be treating these patients for free. Talk presented at: 2018 ASCRS-ASOA Annual Meeting; April 13-17, 2018; Washington, DC.
Grandin Library Building
Six Leigh Street
Clinton, New Jersey 08809